This fifth release in the Royal Canadian Mint's series celebrating Canada's Chinese communities features a number of traditional good luck symbols. Just 8,888 of these .9999 fine Silver coins were minted, adding further luck and collectible appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes encapsulated in a maroon clamshell case protected by a black sleeve.
- Mintage of 8,888 coins, as 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture.
- Obverse: Features the Susanna Blunt-likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Displays Canadian artist Simon Ng's stylized elephant design. Each element of the design, from the elephant itself, to the chrysanthemum on its ear, the vase on its back and the flowers and vines surrounding the elephant, each symbolize good fortune.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
|Metal:||Silver (Ag) .999|
|Date of issue:||2013|